Thursday, June 30, 2011

What do you feel like doing today?

I quit my job exactly 2 weeks ago today. I've never been so relieved and happy. I haven't felt this much freedom in a long time. I now have this abundance of  free time and I almost don't know what to do with it. At times I feel guilty having so much free time. Usually I wake up (after thinking how much I don't want to wake up) about all the things I have to do today. Things that must be done or my life will be doomed. Now I wake up thinking," what do I WANT to do today?" It's been like a slow recovery process of trying to figure out what I like to do. So far it's been watching movies and going to the library, trying to teach my self how to cook and my boyfriend being the unfortunate guinea pig (last night's concoction was an ultimate chicken fail).


I also want to get into the habit of writing again. I think it's very thereputic and I want to document my time abroad in India.


fucking India.


I have about a month before I leave and I get more and more scared about it as it gets closer. It hasn't started to feel real untill recently. I mean, I know I'm going to be fine. Even more fine since I'm lucky enough to have a friend there that I'm staying with. I've just never lived outside of my confort zone. I'm just scared I can't handle it you know?


Currently reading Eat, Pray, Love because it seemed like the right book to be reading right now. I am anxiously reading waiting for her to leave Italy and go to India already.


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment