the other day melissa and I decided to go on a hike to see the waterfalls our friend was raving about. Apparently people go there and swim too.
our way there, men on motorcycles harassed us and people kept taking pictures and video of us...not many foreigners in the area....
after like an hour of hiking, we see the waterfalls, but they wouldnt let us pass this gate! It was closed! I was sooo pissed! We learn later that the water falls are usually never closed, but a few days ago, some kids went swimming drunk at like midnight and drowned..So now they're super strict...way to ruin it for everyone...
today i decided to venture out on my own and do some street shopping on the Hillroad...
got some cool stuff, but my way back was alittle bit tough. I think the drivers there have a hard time understanding my accent??Usually when my friend says "Carter Road" they know exactly where to go...but no one understood me and I thinkg they were just drivin me around in circles...
I told one driver "Carter Road" but he decided i belonged at "chinese noodle house" i guess and dropped me off there..I was so confused.. I just started walking and grabbed some icecream and hoped that I would find my way. Finally a lady gave me some decent directions and I found my way home. How come everytime I'm lost the weather decides to pour like crazy, and then stop when I get home...India hates me. Its been really tough and we havent been getting along. I don't think I can stay here for 6 months and am thinking of going back to school in SF.


I told one driver "Carter Road" but he decided i belonged at "chinese noodle house"
ReplyDeleteLOL